1. Rather than focusing on a symptom, Naturopathic doctors focus on determining the cause of illness or disease and restoring health.
2. Naturopathic doctors take the time to build relationships with patients.
3. Naturopathic treatments are often the least invasive.
4. Naturopathic doctors are highly trained to diagnose and treat most common illnesses and diseases for your whole family.
5. NDs understand food as medicine.
6. Naturopathic training is extensive and in-depth.
7. Naturopathic medicines have few side effects and Naturopathic doctors are trained to identify any possible drug/herb interactions based on the patients existing medications.
8. NDs select from different modalities for effective healing.
9. Most therapies used by Naturopaths have a long history of use, and with history comes knowledge of safety and effectiveness.
10. Naturopathic doctors primarily promote strategies to prevent chronic illness and disease. Patients are actively involved in taking charge of their health.
Source: Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors